Allen Organ Company Museum Tour
Analog Transistor Years: 1959-1970
• 1960: Allen introduced its patented "Random Motion Electronic", or "Whind". This development produced, for the first time, the tiny random fluctuations inherent in pipe organ sound.
• 1960: Allen introduced a spinet model called the "Organette". Some of the models were even hand painted by an in-house artist from Lithuania.
• 1961: Allen goes public and makes an initial stock offering.
• 1963: first European representation established in Zurich, Switzerland.
• 1964: Allen was commissioned to build a special two-manual organ for the United Nations Chapel in New York City. This ultra-modern console with a special speaker enclosure was designed by Harold Wagoner, a world-famous church architect.