The sounds of the "king of instruments" have played an important role in the worship life of St. Luke's from the beginning. A small pipe organ was used at the first building on Rockland Street until around 1952. In that year, a Wurlitzer organ was dedicated as a memorial to Pastor Robert Steup (1890-1950), and from 1969-2009, a custom Allen TC-3 analog organ was used for weekly worship services. In 2009, an Organ Committee was organized to address the need for a new instrument.
The Louise S. Janesco Memorial Organ, constructed by the Allen Organ Company of Macungie, PA, was installed in October 2010. The dedication took place on Sunday, February 13, 2011, coinciding with the anniversaries of both the church building (50 years) and the death of its namesake. A longtime choir member, Louise Janesco (1909-1997) left a bequest to the church that contributed the largest share to the organ project, which included updates to the choir loft and audio system. A digital instrument of 58 stops spread across three manuals and pedal, the organ consists of seven complete specifications and 18 speakers in the main and antiphonal divisions.
Video link of organ being played: http://youtu.be/5vFV_erv9dY