In the summer of 1918, a farm wagon clattered over the little country roads each Sunday morning, collecting children and taking them to Sunday school. Thus began the heritage of this congregation, Carmichael Presbyterian Church.
In 1997, the church determined that they, like the faithful stewards of their heritage, must confront the reality of preserving what they had. They developed a plan to make expensive renovations, practical changes and safety repairs. Today the renovated sanctuary provides a better setting to meet the spiritual and musical needs of the congregation. The chancel area was rearranged to improve the acoustics and to provide space for the combined choirs of singers, bell-ringers and orchestra to perform together during worship services.
And as an important part of the changes, a new Allen Organ was installed to enhance the communion and worship services. This instrument is a combination of wind-blown pipes and the sophisticated digital technology of Allen. The 77 Stop Three-Manual Renaissance Console interfaces with 6-ranks of pipes that are installed behind the choir loft on the chancel wall. The result is an instrument of phenomenal color and versatility. Organist Randy Benfield delights the congregation with his accompaniments to the hymns and liturgy, as well as with his performance of solo organ literature.