Allen Organ Company Museum Tour
Analog Transistor Years: 1959-1970

-- continued


Lincoln Center TC-4
Lincoln Center TC-4
This TC-4 was played by E. Power Biggs for the opening of Lincoln Center in New York City. When it became obvious that the hall's pipe organ would not be completed in time for the gala opening, Allen was contacted to provide an instrument for the occasion. The next day, one critic, not realizing he had been listening to an Allen, wrote, "The great Aeolian-Skinner (pipe) organ was a sound proper for so festive a moment".

Lincoln Center
Custom Colonial Organ

Custom Colonial Organ
This custom transistor Allen organ was originally installed in a church in Maysville Kentucky in 1967. After 23 years of continuous use, it was replaced with a large four-manual Allen digital organ. The condition of this organ is proof that Allen organs are built to last. All oscillators, amplifiers and speakers are original. This organ was replaced only because the church wanted to expand its music program and take advantage of the exciting advancements that had occurred as a result of Allen's digital technology.