Pingry School Hauser Auditorium, Martinsville, New Jersey
Allen/M. P. Möller / Quantum™ Q345B Three-Manual Pipe & Digital Combination Instrument
Dr. Andrew Moore, Music Department Chair, enthralled a Pingry School Hauser Auditorium Organ re-dedication concert audience by performing selections from Bach on the newly restored organ. The event marked the culmination of two-year organ refurbishment project that included replacing the console. A beautiful new Allen/M. P. Möller / Quantum™ Q345B three-manual console with Allen Vista™ now controls all pipe and digital stops. The console is finished in a "semi-gloss" cherry-walnut with a matching finish dolly equipped with Allen's EAC™ (Expanded Audio Capabilities) and MIDI ports.
The organ is considered the crown jewel of Pingry's music program as well as a valuable piece of school history. Originally given to the school in 1956 by the family of Archibald Smith (Pingry Class of 1876), the organ was moved from the Hillside Campus to the Martinsville Campus in 1983. Over 1,000 students attend the Pingry Short Hills and Martinsville, New Jersey, campuses.
Click here for the full story of the
Hauser Auditorium Organ Re-Dedication
Click here for the Organ of the Week entry on this installation